Cumnor House Principles
(these should be viewed through the overarching prism of “Aim High, Be Kind and Dare to be Different’)
- The happiness and well-being of each child is of paramount importance. In all decision-making, the impact upon children is considered first.
- We are ambitious for every child in our care.
- We aim to be sympathetic, empathetic and professional in our relationships with children, staff and parents.
- Cumnor is non-selective and both embraces and supports a diversity of interest, ability, background and outcome.
- We seek to communicate clearly and without favour.
- We act in partnership with other school communities – both state and independent
- We keep in mind our local community as well as wider environmental issues and encourage children in similar thinking.
- We seek to develop ourselves as a staff through appraisal and CPD.
- Children are offered a fully rounded education within a community that values the concept of childhood.
- Old Cumnorians are seen as a valued part of our community.
- We embrace both change and tradition in turn where either benefits our principles.
- We aim for the highest standards of professional performance and behaviour supported by these principles.