Inside the Design Technology department, are aims are as follows;
- To create a stimulating environment that encourages pupils to question and learn about familiar and new products.
- To capture pupil’s imaginations and develop their abilities whilst having fun.
- Encourage problem solving using a range of materials and techniques both traditional and state of the art.
- To enable children to explore and develop their creative boundaries in a safe and structured environment.
- To teach pupils to work, individually, in pairs or in groups, with a variety of approaches.
- To teach and use presentation techniques from sketching, formal drawing to desk top publishing and Computer aided design.
- To create and nurture an interest in careers in any field of the technologies; engineering, architecture, product design, electronics etc.
- Year 8 – Acrylic clocks and automatas.
- Year 7 – Spaghetti bridges and acrylic clocks
- Year 6 – Green goblin electric cart and traditional wooden racing cars.
- Year 5 – Fuse tester (basic electronics).
- Year 4 – Blister packages and torch product model.
- Year 3 – Introduction to DT basic sketching and using computers using CAD to design a watch and box.
EXTRA CURRICULUM – DT OCCUPATIONS.
- More advanced electronics, iPod stereo amplifier circuit.
- Cricket bats (traditional products).
- Contemporary furniture design
- Coracle building
- Model railways
Year 8 Summer Projects – 2015