Our fully qualified Pre-Prep staff teach core subject areas: Maths, English, Science, Topic (History & Geography), ICT, Art, DT, RS and PSHE. Children also benefit from use of subject specialists to teach French (Years 1 and 2), Music, Drama, Games and PE and Swimming.
‘Woodpeckers’ our forest school in the woods provides the opportunity to develop an understanding and love of the natural world. It allows us to link all areas of the curriculum, in a very practical sense, to the world around us.
A TYPICAL DAY
- 08.00 – 08.15 Arrival and registration
- 08.30 Core subjects
- 10.00 Playtime (healthy snacks and fruit are provided)
- 10.15 Wake and Shake
- 10.30 Core subjects
- 12.00 Lunch
- 12.25 Playtime
- 13.10 Lessons – Science, Topic, Art, Games, Woodpeckers etc.
- 15.00 End of Pre-Prep day
- 15.00 After School Club* or After School Activities** – ballet, yoga, football, athletics, swimming, construction
- 17.00 End of Activities and Prep-school day, beginning of Extended Care option
- 19.00 End of wrap-around care options
*After School Club runs daily from 15.00 – 17.00 and includes savoury sandwich, snacks and drinks. Bookable on a daily, ad-hoc basis
**After School Activities are bookable on a termly basis and run until 16.00, 16.30 and 17.00