The Cumnor Foundation

Since its creation in 2015, and through the generosity of its donors, The Cumnor Foundation has created (and will continue to create) life-changing educational opportunities for talented and deserving children from diverse backgrounds, via the Foundation Scholarships programme. We are grateful to every one of our donors for their support at every level and their desire to make a difference.

Supporting The Cumnor Foundation

Our ambition is to provide a greater number of children with the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of a private education, and to do this we need to build a Fund of sufficient size to enable us to continue to award fully funded scholarships for outstanding candidates, now and in years to come.

Please click here to find out more about the Foundation Scholarships and the difference they make.

The Cumnor Foundation is a Registered Charity Number 1168316, and there are a number of ways in which donations can be made which are outlined below.

If you have any questions about giving to the Cumnor Foundation or need assistance in making a donation, please contact Ms Sam Davies (Head of Foundation & Alumni) by emailing or telephoning 01825 729988.

Charitable Giving

Donations at all levels are welcomed and each will have a genuine and immediate difference. Donations can be received via bank transfer or by cheques made payable to The Cumnor Foundation.

You can also choose to make a regular donation to the Cumnor Foundation via a Direct Debit or standing order. If you are a current Cumnor parent, you can make a donation at the same time as you make your termly/annual fee payments.

Collective Charitable Giving

An opportunity for a group of individuals, or businesses, to combine resources to provide the funding to support, for example, one Foundation Scholar through their education at Cumnor.

Company Matched Funding

An increasing number of companies offer their employees the opportunity to boost their personal charitable giving by matching money raised or donated, with some organisations offering this on a pound-for-pound basis. Your Human Resources team should be able to advise if this opportunity applied to your organisation.

Donating Shares

Donating shares is one of the most tax-effective ways to give to charity.  By giving eligible shares to charity, you can claim Income Tax relief on the value of the shares, as well as exemption from Capital Gains Tax.


By including the Cumnor Foundation in your Will, you will be supporting the Foundation’s current and future Foundation Scholars, thereby sharing in our ambition to offer a life-changing opportunity to more children in the future. It will cost you nothing now, and enables you to take advantage of perhaps the most generous tax deduction offered by the Government – by giving 10% of your residual estate to a charity such as The Cumnor Foundation, you can reduce the inheritance tax rate applied on the remaining 90% of your estate from 40% to 36%.

Gift Aid

Gift Aid makes a significant difference to every donation made.  UK taxpayers signing up to Gift Aid ensure that The Cumnor Foundation receives an additional 25% – amounting to an extra £25 received for every £100 donated.

Contact Ms Sam Davies (Head of Foundation & Alumni) by emailing or telephoning 01825 729988 if you are interested in supporting the Cumnor Foundation.

Foundation Scholar Applicants

Parents of children who excel academically and are in Year 3 at a Sussex state primary school, or who are being home schooled, are encouraged to apply for a Foundation Scholarship. Applications for Foundation Scholars starting with us in Year 4 at the start of the 2024/25 Academic Year are now OPEN

You can find out more about this opportunity by visiting our Foundation Scholarships page, or contact Sam Davies, Foundation Manager on email: or call: 01825 729988.


Through the Foundation Scholarship, Cumnor has offered my child an astounding opportunity.

Parent of Foundation Scholar